Well, I got busy and haven't posted for a few days. Sorry.
Since then, Noreen and I have volunteered. This time was very interesting. For the first time, it was just the two of us with the kids. Also, for the first time, we had 5 kids, including an infant. It was definitely a juggling match! There's a new boy, and he and the other children are still adjusting to his presence. I'm always fascinated by how children establish a social order, and also how that changes over time. The other kids are fairly resistant to the new boy, as they were to eachother when they all arrived. But, eventually, they come around to eachother. Noreen and I tried to speed this up a bit by doing activities in one group as opposed to small groups or one on one. We also started a project that is a lot of fun, the kids are writing their own books! They come up with a story, we write it down, then they illustrate the whole thing. So far, we have a story about a young George Washington, who likes poetry, and rids his town of invasive mice using science. And, we have another book about Curious George and a lady bug, that also creatively ties in the rules of the playspace. These kids' minds are fantastic! This project takes a bit longer than usual so we'll be working on them for a couple weeks.
Carting the infant around all night got Noreen and I talking about when we might be able to start having our own kids. We both definitely want children, but with her in school and me about to start law school, it's not looking good for the near future. But, we are closely approaching 30, and I think that's a big mental milestone for both of us. Oh, found out from my last law schools, and it looks like we'll be staying in Boston, and I'll be going BU. At least my degrees will match when I hang them on the wall.
Running was pretty good this week. My 7 miler on Thursday went well. I ran at night, and on a path that winds around a big pond near us. The challenging part is that it's not that well lit, kept me alert though. Yesterday's run got off to a late start as Boston was covered in ice. We could barely walk the dogs, so I figured running might be a bit precarious. I was indeed correct, as I almost bit it going around a turn even after I waited for ice to melt! However, I came out of the darkness and ice storm unscathed.
Fundraising is, well let's be honest, stagnant at the moment. I am planning a wine-tasting/dinner event with Valerie, my friend Laura's mom. At present, it appears we're going to stick with New Zealand and Australian themes. I'm researching the wines, and hopefully I'll get to help cook, I love the kitchen. Also, a comedy event here in Boston is in the nascent stages at the moment, but I'm working on it. So, faithful readers, I ask a favor, to get this ball rolling again, please spread the word about the blog. Please don't ask people to donate(well, you can if you're comfortable with it), just nudge them towards the site. Also, please let me know if my labor is paying off here, write some comments, let me know you're reading, give me some words of encouragement, anything. Just click the comment link below and type, then follow the directions. It would mean a lot.
OK, that's it for this post, I've got to go run 15 miles, then watch some football game or something. I'll write about it tomoorow. Take care.
