Two things have illicited the above groan:
1) Running in the Cold
2) The New England Patriots
First off, I just have to get used to running in the cold. It's a fact of training that I can't change. The big problem I've found is that my legs aren't really loosening up. Usually, for the first mile or so, I'm working stuff out, warming up, and then after that I'm good. Not so much right now! I think some more stretching before and after runs will help, and I'm looking into some different tights. If you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments.
As for the Patriots, well, let's face it, I can't do anything about that either, despite my prowess at Madden 05. I doubt Belichek is gonna hire me as the head of his "Don't know what I'm talking about" department, and it doesn't look so good for my 07 walk-on tryout this summer(stupid genetics and fear of contact). So, I can only be a fan, and after last night, a near coronary patient. What a good game though?!? Gotta give the Colts credit for taking advantage of a gassed defense, and some good play calling. I'm not gonna dog Reche Caldwell, but dude, I don't need millions to drop wide open passes like that, I'll do it for 100K(seriously, Pioli-call me). So, moving on...
I did have a very enjoyable experience yesterday, though. Noreen and I went ice-skating with the kids from the shelter. It was great because I love skating, and because it was the first time for some of these kids. They all seemed to really enjoy themselves, and I was glad to see them have the chance. A good 50% of my time was spent trying to keep kids from falling or picking them up after they had. Pretty funny, and I remember that feeling of complete shock when you go down. But, on the bright side, they got that amazing sense of confidence when their balance and physics work together and it clicks. It was cold, and I now have cuts on my fingers from tying and re-tying multiple pairs of hockey skates in the windy cold. Well worth it, I'd say. It's also really great to see other people my age or a bit younger, giving up their Sunday afternoon, so some kids can laugh and scream while repeatedly falling on their bums. Gives you hope!
Well, this week I really ramp up the training(schedule to follow), but let's just say we're taking it to the next level. I'll let you know how it all works out :-)
