Friday, January 19, 2007

The Gym, again.




OK, so another 3 miler last night which means the gym. I noticed something this time, my gym shows some freaking horrible music videos. I don't know where they get this service, but please, Mike's Gym, if you're reading, make it stop, now! I'm running along, and up pops the club remix of...Celine Dion(I'm not kidding) with her and some kid with a remote controlled airplane. It freaked me out. Then comes this Dutch guy who's slowly but surely moving on from his fascination with Kraftwerk by uploading his keyboard beat mixes and Michael Bolton vocals onto I-tunes, except someone downloaded and remixed it, and MADE a video. Man, will wonders never cease. So, I look to the TV bank, and what are my choices for mindless staring, that crazy money guy on MSNBC or...Tucker Carlson, so I shut my eyes and ran in darkness. OK, not really, I then looked down and started obsessing about the treadmill display and began some afore-mentioned treadmill races. I swear I'm not OCD, but when the above are your viewing choices, what are you supposed to do?

This weekend is a short run weekend, just a 6 and 9 miler, and I think the weather is supposed to be much milder, so that will be nice. After the runs, I'll be watching the Patriots take on the Colts. This will be a close one, I'm sure, so no predictions, plus I'd be biased anyway. But if you want some nachos, and to hear some amazingly creative epithets aimed at referees, commentators, people with horse shoes on their heads, and television sets, come on over to Jamaica Plain, it should be fun. Ok, I'll write more later, have a good weekend.




GO PATS!!!