Thursday, May 3, 2007

This week is taking forever...

I have no idea what it is about calendar week 18, but damn if I don't feel like I'm stuck with a catatonic Hiro from Heroes, and he forgot to unfreeze time before hitting his head. It's decidedly nicer outside which may have something to with it. Beyond the weather, I'm done with this job, so it doesn't help that I have to sit in the office all day. Not that I'm going to slack off or anything, but mentally I'm ready to or have moved on. It's a predicament, but one I'll have to suffer through for the next three months, woe is me with my steady salary and health insurance, woe!

On more positive topics, we volunteered finally(two week absence). It was a blast! Two children were there that usually aren't, and they are absolutely delightful. A new child has joined the house. Of course this means some one moved out, and while that was sad, it seems to be for the best. One child seems to be doing better, at least that night, for it, probably because they antagonized eachother. I discovered Kinex and became as engrossed as the kids. I made a helicopter, gold star for me!

So, anyone been to Burlington, VT? Noreen and I are going for a 3 day weekend over our anniversary, and we're looking for things to do/see. Post a comment and let me know what's up, besides the Magic Hat brewery(on the list) and Ben and Jerry's(been there).