The weekend was a blast! Despite traffic, we got down to NY without incident in pretty good time, watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees, and then hit the hay. I had to wake up pretty early for the bike race, early for a Saturday anyway. The race turned out to be pretty fun. Sure, I was in a car for about 5 hours, but it was very engaging and interesting. First off, I got to drive a Mercedes all day, so pretty much after that how can it be negative? Luckily, there was always a race official in the car with me, that way I didn't have to worry about messing up too bad, they told me what to do. The whole dynamic of rushing forward and back among the peloton was a rush, plus I got to break traffic laws at will. And my worry about staring at the less flattering end of some men was null and void, I worked the women's races :-) No worries honey, all about the racing.
That lasted all day, and I got some nice swag out of it. Then we went to Kelly and Clint's for a BBQ. Their new house is a very old farm house type thing in the woods(but not off the beaten path). The inside has been refurbished and is very cute. Deceptiviely, the house seems small from outside, but there is a lot of space inside that they put to good use. We had a great time, Noreen and Kelly go way back, and Clint, his friends, and I got in touch with our inner adolescent with an oil drum, scrap wood, and some matches. We even had S'mores! Sunday, I went for a run with Noreen's Dad. Ten miles that went very well except for a much needed, serrendipitously timed pit stop(right at the only public restroom on the route, pheeeeew). I even had a pretty respectable time on it. Even the dogs seemed to have a blast! Good weekend overall.
A big shout out to Noreen, today! She has just finished her first year of grad school!!!!! Congrats to her and her classmates, and way to go on the GPA honey!
