Oh, so close to being released from the confines of the gym, oh, so close! I think I can last one more day, though it's getting difficult. The boredom is seeping into every corner of my brain, and when I work out on the bike I obsess over my watch and form ad nauseum. So, this can't be over too soon. That said, I'm going to work very hard to take it easy on Sunday. My plan as it stands is to go 15 miles on Sunday, I know a long distance for the first time back. But, I don't have much time and I need to keep my fitness levels up. I am going to run a full 2 minutes slower per mile than usual, though, keeping it easy. Then I'll build through next week from there. However, I do feel much stronger in my core and quads, due to all the cross-training, which will be great for getting me through longer distances and hills! An update will follow this weekend!
We had a house meeting for all the volunteers, last night. It was really good, we had a new staff member to meet, and she was very nice. She works with family and child programming, and she wants to work on developing some new programs. First off is codifying discipline procedures, ah serendipity, which I discussed on Wednesday's post. And, we're going to formalize praise for the kids as well. I think both developments will greatly help the volunteers, structure is sometimes very good. We talked about each child again, and like always, it's great to hear others' perspective on each kid and the group.
This weekend is going to be exciting! First off, Noreen and I are supposed to go up to New Hampshire tomorrow to go snow tubing with a bunch of friends, if the weather holds. Man, New England Marches and Aprils are always a crap shoot in that respect. Then, we're supposed to come back and meet up with a couple of my friends from my BU days. They are in their first year of marriage as well, funny. It'll be a good St. Patty's day! On Sunday comes the run, and my sister in law for a visit. She's on her spring break and here to visit and check out grad schools. She's a blast and the dogs will love having her around!
Well, that's about it for today. Oh, and remember, we have that Double Large Challenge on! We're sitting at about $125 to go for $2000 raised for Horizons. Come on, one less Guinness and meat pie tomorrow, that's $10 that could help a homeless child , we can do it!
P.S. Info coming soon on a great, upcoming fundraising event...
