Well, I see that some of you have been coming by snooping around, and look at me with nothing new to offer you. I am a bad host, sorry about that.
Last weekend was another good one. It started off perfectly actually...At a Red Sox game!!! Blam!!! Laura's mom has a friend who has a share in a set of season tickets. And he was generous enough to let me sit next to him at last Friday's game. Sweet. It was a lot of fun as usual, except for the whole they lost part. Oh well, maybe if they'd won it would have been sensory over load, and my pleasure center would have exploded. After, I met up with Noreen and we went around the old town a bit.
Sunday was fantastic as well. We got the place all spick and span which always feels good. Then I went to go see the new Harry Potter movie with my brother. It was pretty good. The kids have improved their acting quite a bit, but the director left too much out of this one. It was packed in the theater, and the films were still selling out after being out for 5 days, intense! You gotta hand it to JK Rowling, from welfare to billionaire in a decade. That's pretty awesome. I certainly enjoy the books, and the films are entertaining, prety good for adaptations. And I'll be holed up all weekend with the new one when it arrives!
Saturday was epic. Once again, Noreen woke up with a bright idea that would end up costing us a lot of money. She's good at that, and when it's early in the morning, I'm not lucid enough to think better of it. I think she may be doing it on purpose. Anyway, we went to IKEA. She said she just wanted to look, and had a hankering to do something. Now IKEA is an experience, that is almost a day long event, so I'll give her that. I went in hopes of finding my new office chair for school. It starts right when you park their. The parking lot is under the store, but open air, and very orderly, so you begin with the Swedish efficiency and mod-design space saving before you set foot inside. Then you get in, and you have to get your map, and your list to write down what you want, and your disposable tape measure. Phew, I didn't know I was signing up for boot camp. Then you walk through... Which is a safari into multi-colored fabric, Euro small space sensibility, and really funny words that I'm not even going to attempt. I do like the set up; each section of the display floor showcase different setups of a specific type of room like a bedroom or office. This is normal I guess, but her nothing is mixed together, just one section at a time. Of course going through any display room just gets you hot for what you don't have or gives you a panic attack about what you can't afford but you know your wife really wants and might talk you into buying. Oh, did I say that out loud? Also, the biggest difference here is the amount of variety, the amount of bright, exploding colors, the amount of things to try out, and the amount things to touch. Basically it's a ADHD kids dream, or nightmare depending on how you look at it. I think if my brother had gone in there when he was 10, his head would have literally exploded, or his heart would have stopped. It made me crazy, and I have a pretty good attention span. Well, we outfitted my new office and got some chairs and other little things for the house. Now, I know I said I was gonna build my desk, but they had exactly what I needed, and it looks perfect!!! I'll post photos when it's complete. Anyway, after you walk through the displays, they have a cafeteria that serves...yep, swedish meatballs and other assorted things that are good if your in the Nordic areas but not so good for diabetic, overweight Americans. That way you get a break before you go pick up your stuff in the warehouse, proceed to fit 3 times too much stuff in your car, take it home, and put it all together... in one night. Some of you might know that I can be a little less than patient(who me?) which is a trait I share with my wife, so of course we spent the entire night till 1 am cleaning out the room that became the office and putting together everything, following funny Swedish drawings. Gotta give it to the Swedes, they know cheap, fairly well designed furniture and housewares!
The rest of the week has been pretty good. Noreen has finally finished all of her classwork!!! Yay for her! She just has her thesis and student teaching to go(just he says). And I just found out my laptop didn't come in to the store yet, so more waitng which fore-mentioned I'm so good at. But THAT BOOK is coming tomorrow sometime, and it will occupy my time I'm sure. TTFN
