Well, once again the week is taking forever. It may have something to do with my plans for the weekend. Time seems to drag on when I am in great anticipation of something. Of course, this isn't to say the week has been bad, in fact it's been pretty good. We volunteered, and found out one of our kids is moving out of the house. Once again, great news for the child. We got to spend a bunch of time outside with the kids this week which they really seemed to enjoy. Also, I went to a celebratory dinner for the marathon team last night at Horizons' HQ. It was nice to see/meet other members of the team. We found out that we helped raise over 105K, and that number is still growing. Pretty cool!
The weather has been amazing! The dogs have loved that, especially the little one. She loves playing ball, and having other dogs chase her. It helps that she's quite possibly the fastest dog in our neighborhood, who knows. I really think that she would run or fetch all day without stopping if we let her, she never seems to run out of energy. This morning was a pain, though. We went out early b/c Noreen is back in school for the summer and has early classes. Well, it just happened to be right around the dew point, and there just happened to be a pack of dogs in the park that Maddie just happened to incite a giant game of chase with. With the wet grass, and the dirt, and the big dogs rolling her over, it was a mess to say the least that required an unplanned and unwanted(on her part) bath. It's pretty funny, though. Maddie definitely grasps the concept of a sports handicap! She'll be way out in front of the others, and just stop and roll on her back, letting the dogs "catch" her. Then she pops out of the pile and takes off! It's kind of like surplus control in business, you know, flood the market to get them interested, then cut off supply and raise the prices. Hmmmmm, anybody need a CEO for a company that has lax employment standards in regards to species?
Noreen and I have a doozy of a weekend planned. Big, free concert by the river on saturday followed up by my half marathon on sunday. And after that, I'm sure we'll try to recover on the porch all day monday. We really are trying to get a lot in this summer. I think we both have this impending fear of the upcoming school year, rightly so. Sometimes it's concious, trying to do that one more thing, and sometimes we just end up with a lot of activities coming up. I think it's good! Right now, we are definitely very close, and spend the most amount of time together. We're eachother's best friend, which is the way it should be I think, being married and all. So, on some level, we're trying to bank our time together for the lean months of law school and her thesis/student teaching days. Obviously, I cannot predict exactly what will transpire in the future. I just know it will dramatically change from the present routine. And, while we have our quibbles, and I'm sure boredom with eachother sometimes, I'll miss what we have now. Who knows, what comes may be even better. With both of us engaged mentally in something that we enjoy, and both of us on fulfilling career paths, it may make other parts of life better. But then, there are the time contstraints. Hey, all we have is now until it becomes then, and I'll focus on the now.
I'm reading a really great book, that I mentioned earlier, called Overcoming Law by Richard Posner, a federal appeals judge. Like most legal related texts, it's thick and dense. But, the book is really getting the juices flowing. It touches on many different aspects of law; education, the judiciary, tandem puruits with other subjects like economics and feminism, the legal establishment, industry structure, and on and on. He really breaks things down with excellent perspective from an inside and outside point of view. Gets me really jazzed to start school, where I probably won't get to study these things for two more years, but it helps set the mind for some broad incite while studying the minutiae of contracts and tort reform.
Enjoy the weather!
