Thursday, February 8, 2007

So sue me

All right, I took a mulligan last night. I had some tightness in a tendon on the outside of my ankle, and I decided a rest day was in order. Let the heckling begin.



It kind of bothered me to take a break like that, maybe like I was letting others down or something. On the other hand, it felt good to rest and ice that sucker. I got back in there this morning, bright and early, at 6:30 though. Well, not so bright in a Boston winter, but you know what I mean. You know how I ranted about the music they played in the gym, and the stupid videos that go with it? Well, in a cruel twist of fate, they're gone and I miss them. Maybe it's just that I miss making fun of them in my head, keeping the boredom at bay. Yeah, that's it, that's my story anyway. On the plus side, they did play Eye of the Tiger this morning. Nothing like putting yourself in the role of a large sweaty Stallone running in the snow with his shirt off.
It fires you up at least.



There's a rest day tomorrow. My good friends Laura and Frank start staying with us tonight, through the weekend. It'll be great to see them, since they moved to North Carolina in October. And, they're bringing their dog, Reese(see links to the side for his blog), which our pups will love. And a big treat, I will have a guest runner on Saturday's run, as Frank wants to come along. Should be a blast!



Till next time.



Fact: Horizons for Homeless Children maintains 130 playspaces, staffed by 800 volunteers, in shelters all over Massachusetts