Thursday, January 18, 2007

Training, Training, Training...

...it's all I do.Above is my training schedule, if any of you wish to follow along. You can have sympathy pains for me if you like, though it's not really that bad, yet. Physically, I'm doing pretty well. I've learned how to prevent blisters and some other common ailments, so I'm doing good. I also have this amazing ball with like little nubs on it. I roll my feet on it, it's like the most amazing foot massage ever! I'm rocking the adidas supernova control shoes, and besides looking pretty, they really help keep my feet and knees in tip-top shape. Oh, and the most amazing socks ever grace my feet, Thorlos. For those of you who run, you may have heard of them, they are amazing! Ok, so hopefully that last bit will drum up some sponsorship. It's getting interesting now, being that it's colder out. I can't do longer runs in the gym(time restrictions on treadmills) so everything is outside. Now, I have my theatrical side, but I never thought I'd enjoy wearing tights so much. And, slowly but surely, vaseline is becoming a good friend of mine. It's good for all sorts of thing, lubricant to prevent chafing and blisters, skin protection from wind and cold. I'm thinking that it may even be good nourishment on the longer runs, or maybe if I put it on my shoes it'll make me go faster, we'll see.It's pretty amazing the stuff that starts going through my head when I run! Like, sometimes, I just focus on the run and getting myself through. You know, I mentally evaluate the course, count down the mileage, focus on my body mechanics, etc. Sometimes I play mental games, like telling myself I have more or less to run than I do. That usually helps me get through some points in the run, but one time I convinced myself so hard that I had an extra mile to go, that I actually ran an extra mile, dumb! I've also begun to notice the similarities in all the GOO flavors, like the other day I had Tri-Berry and Vanilla, and I really couldn't tell which was which. I also spent like a mile and a half coming up with mean things to yell at a woman who almost hit me when she ran a red light. Well, I guess you gotta keep the mental wheels turning too.Take care.